Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Reflection



Thanksgiving Reflection
by Brian, the old man

Once upon a time
Is how this story starts.
When I was just a babe
You touched my parents hearts.

They brought me to the water
And made a vow to You
To raise me to know Jesus,
His teachings through and through.

When I reached my teen years
The heart You touched was mine.
I knew Your Son had come for me,
Would love me for all time.

As I went out in the world,
A young adult you see,
I tried to do it on my own
But You still carried me.

As I tried to win the race
Of fame and fortune true,
I must confess my sin right now
I had forgotten You.

Though troubles were many You stayed right there
Through all my pain and strife.
My parents and You had taken a vow
To guide me through my life.

Looking back now I know You were there
Through all of those dark years.
You offered me unconditional love
And dried up all my tears.

You blessed me with a baby boy
Who fills my heart with pride,
A baby girl as sweet as can be
My love I cannot hide.

My parents and siblings have always been there
To show me how Christ cares.
Nieces and nephews have shown me Your love
Which helps me with what life bears.

You blessed me with friends all of my days
To brighten my life with joy.
Your church with traditions, love and support
Has made me one happy boy.

So today I am thankful for all of Your love
As we celebrate this Thanksgiving.
Please help me to shine my light on the world
And teach others Your Son is still living.

3 Sharing Comments:

Anonymous said...

great poem dad

Anonymous said...

B, This is a beautiful poem and a beautiful picture to set it off. It may be the best poem I've read so far but can't say for sure since you've written so many of them. So honest and heartfelt. Keep it up my friend.
Patty

Perry said...

Very nice Brian!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I have been forced to begin moderating comments because a spammer is attacking my blog. Thank you for your understanding. hAv a Gr8 dAy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails