Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Nagging Alarm Clock

The Nagging Alarm Clock
by Brian, the old man

Buzzing, Screaming, Ringing Loud
Why disturb my dreaming cloud
Don't you know I want more sleep
Just five more minutes I won't fall deep

I hit your bar to silence you
And drift back off to oceans blue
Then once again you blow your horn
Just five more minutes I can't be torn

I hit you harder to shut you up
So I can win that loving cup
You blast your noise again at me
Just five more minutes, just let me be!

I yank your plug out from the wall
Am filled with peace, my dreams won't stall
I lay and dream of heaven's gate
Oh no! What have I done, I'm late!

I jump right up and start to dress
I don't have time my hair's a mess
I rush right out, look like a slob
Must get to work to do my job

The boss just looks at me and sighs
He shakes his head shouts out his cries
"Late again, This has to cease
No more chances, I'll hire my niece"

I look at him say I'll improve
Promise to get back in the groove
I won't be late to work I swear
Just give me a chance, I really do care.

Buzzing, Screaming, Ringing Loud
Why disturb my dreaming cloud
Don't you know I want more sleep
Just five more minutes I won't fall deep

5 Sharing Comments:

Perry said...

Another nice one you cranked out!

Carrie said...

Nice job Brian! ☺ This is a good one! ☺

Anonymous said...

B, Another good one, I hate to get up early as well so this hit home for me. Good job.
Patty

Paula said...

Hmmmm....already yealling at the alarm clock....I thought you wanted to work. LOL :-)

Michelle said...

I gave up on the alarm clocks a long time ago but this sure brings back memories! LOL!

Pssst...now the dogs gently wake me up!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I have been forced to begin moderating comments because a spammer is attacking my blog. Thank you for your understanding. hAv a Gr8 dAy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails