Saturday, December 24, 2011

‘Twas the Morning before the Night before Christmas

‘Twas the Morning before the Night before Christmas




‘Twas the Morning before the Night before Christmas
by Brian Russell


‘Twas the morning before the Night before Christmas and it was still night
This old man awoke with a belly so tight

And try as I may to go back to bed
The excitement of Christmas kept running through my head

You’d think I’d outgrow, listening for reindeer
But my stomach is in knots awaiting good cheer

My years have grown longer, gray hair on my top
But visions of sugar plums just will not stop

If I’m feeling this way on Christmas Eve morn
How will I be on the day He was born?

I guess I’ll be sitting awaiting the clatter
For at two in the morning nothing does matter

And Santa will be here I know in my heart
Climbing down chimneys and doing his part

He may come for children but the love that he brings
Fills my face with a smile and makes my heart sing

And this is the present which I hold so dear
The love of the season fills my eyes with good tears

So I send you my love as I wait for daylight
Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Night!

0 Sharing Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I have been forced to begin moderating comments because a spammer is attacking my blog. Thank you for your understanding. hAv a Gr8 dAy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails