Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Treasure Along the Beach


Treasure Along the Beach
by Brian, the old man


As I search for treasure
Along the ocean shore
I run across a bottle
I hoped for something more


It looks so old and dirty
And has a simple form
I wonder where it came from
When dragged in from the storm


I wonder if a pirate
Had used it for his rum
Or placed a map within it
Pointing to a king’s ransom


I try to see inside it
The glass is full of fog
Could be from a lost sailor
Got hung up in the bog


Or maybe if I clean it
From swimming with the fish
I will find a genie
To grant my every wish


My fantasy is over
I’ll set it on my shelf
The skull looks good next to it
If I do say so myself


Thanks to my friend Carrie at Prompt Romp for inspiring me with the Image from Wikipedia Commons above.

0 Sharing Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I have been forced to begin moderating comments because a spammer is attacking my blog. Thank you for your understanding. hAv a Gr8 dAy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails