Monday, October 5, 2009

Birthday Wishes for Mom


Birthday Wishes for Mom
By Brian, the old man


Today is my mother’s birthday
I honor her with this rhyme
She gives me all of her love
And always has the time

When I’m down she cheers me up
In good times she does share
My mom is so supportive
She gives me love and care

As a child we’d play for hours
Give comfort when I was ill
Help me with my schoolwork
She made those years a thrill

When I had reached my teens
I made her life so down
I wish I could amend those years
And not act like a clown

Now I’m all grown up
Though problems still arise
She makes my life so happy
She truly is a prize

As I’m getting older
I miss her more each day
I want to spend more time with her
But she lives far away

So now I’m moving closer
To regain the family life
So we can share more birthdays
And cut cake with a knife

She says she’s twenty-nine today
I’m sure that this is true
I don’t know why I’m older
Hey Mom, know I Love You!

4 Sharing Comments:

Perry said...

aaww..that's so sweet!

Anonymous said...

great post! love the poem & the cupcake pic is delish ;0

Linda M. said...

Brian,that's such a great poem! You mom must have been a wonderful mom while you were growing up to have inspired so much love in you for her. I think she must be very proud of the man you've become! She's very blessed to have you want to move closer to enjoy her later years.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Brian.
It's always special time when you can look back at your childhood and remember the good times. You have captured some very special times. My Mom was so excited when I wrote a poem about her and so proud she showed it to everyone. I'm sure your Mom feels the same. Good job my Friend.
Patty

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I have been forced to begin moderating comments because a spammer is attacking my blog. Thank you for your understanding. hAv a Gr8 dAy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails